The Future of Philanthropy
A unique writing competition for students and young fundraising professionals
We live in an increasingly complex and uncertain world.
Existing challenges like climate change, income inequality and resource scarcity remain largely unresolved, whilst emerging threats such as political populism, mass migration and nationalism seem to defy our conventional solutions.
What is the role of philanthropy in addressing these issues and building a better world?
We invite you share your thoughts and ideas on “The Future of Philanthropy” in the form of a blog.
The brief is open to interpretation, but must address the role of philanthropy over the next 5-15 years.
The top ten entries will be published on our blog and the winning entry will receive an invitation to our exclusive, invite-only philanthropy event in London, as well as a £500 travel bursary.
An invitation to Talking Philanthropy 2017, our exclusive, invite-only annual event that convenes high-level experts and philanthropists from across the sector both from the UK and internationally. This year the event will be held at London’s prestigious RAC Club on Pall Mall on 15th September 2017.
Additionally, there is a travel bursary of up to £500, as well as a copy of our Talking Philanthropy 2016 book.
Your blog will also be posted on our site along with a profile/short interview with you, and will be widely promoted on social media. Your blog will be published in our 2017 Talking Philanthropy book
- First prize is an invitation to Talking Philanthropy 2017, our exclusive, invite-only annual event that convenes high-level experts and philanthropists from across the sector both from the UK and internationally. This year the event will be held at London’s prestigious RAC Club on Pall Mall on 15th September 2017.
- Raise your profile amongst leaders and decision makers in the fields of fundraising and philanthropy.
- Deepen your own knowledge of the field, enhance your CV and widen your prospects.
How to Enter
The competition is open to all students of philanthropy and fundraising, (inc PhD students) and those in their first 3 years of professional life in the field of philanthropy, eg. those working at foundations, charities, NGOs or universities.
- Write and submit a blog of between 500 and 1500 words.
- Topic: The Future of Philanthropy in the next 5 to 15 years.
- Pictures and graphics are not required, but are welcomed. Please ensure they are properly credited.
- Links or references to other articles, writers, research or data will be favorably regarded. (Please note that formal, academic style referencing is not required.)
- All submissions must be received by GMT 23.59 on 28.05.17
For any questions, and to submit your blog, please contact:
email@example.com with ‘Talking Philanthropy Competition’ in the email’s title, followed by your surname.
Terms and Conditions
- Maximum of one entry per person.
- All entries must be written in English.
- Entries received after the submission date will not be considered.
- In the interests of transparency and fairness, any existing links or relationships to Global Philanthropic (or individuals associated with the firm) must be declared. This will not disqualify you from entry, but failure to declare it might.
- The winner and runners up will be chosen by the leadership of Global Philanthropic and are at their sole discretion. All decisions are final.
- The travel bursary is at the sole discretion of Global Philanthropic, and the winner must pre-approve all travel arrangements with the firm.
- By entering this competition you are granting Global Philanthropic International Ltd permission to reproduce your entry as deemed appropriate by the company. Entries that are reproduced with be credited with the authors name.
- By submitting an entry to this competition you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.